Source: World Water Day 2018-03-22
Do you know these facts? It’s about world, reservoir, and environment.
- 2/3 of the world’s forests are degraded
- 1,9 billion people live in area where WATER is already scarce
- 2/3 of natural wetlands have disappeared since 1900
- Up to 40 billion tones of loose topsoil gets washed into our WATER every year
- 2,1 billion people have no-safely managed DRINKING WATER services
- 80% of all the world’s WASTEWATER flows back into the rivers and oceans without being treated
World Needs ‘Greener’ Water Policies as Demand Rises: UN
Source: Metro TV news
In its 2018 World Water Development Report, the UN calculated that an estimated 3.6 billion people live in areas where water can be scarce at least one month per year.
Paris: Governments should focus on “greener” policies to improve the supply and quality of water as climate change and a growing global population threatens the water security of billions, the United Nations said on Monday.
In its 2018 World Water Development Report, the UN calculated that an estimated 3.6 billion people, nearly half the global population, live in areas where water can be scarce at least one month per year.